Website Department of General Services
Under general direction of the Supervising Architect, the position reviews and approves the more complex construction project plans including the post approval documents to ensure compliance with the California Building Code (CBC), California Code of Regulations (CCR), Accessibility and Fire and Life Safety requirements, applicable regulations and standards for public schools, community colleges, and state-owned and state-leased essential services buildings.
This position is designated under the Conflict of Interest Code. The position is responsible for making or participating in the making of governmental decisions that may potentially have a material effect on personal financial interests. The appointee is required to complete Form 700 within 30 days of appointment. Failure to comply with the Conflict of Interest Code requirements may void the appointment.
You will find additional information about the job in the Duty Statement.
The Department of General Services (DGS) Core Values and Employee Expectations are key to the success of the Department’s Mission. That mission is to “Deliver results by providing timely, cost-effective services and products that support our customers.” DGS employees are to adhere to the Core Values and Employee Expectations, and to perform their duties in a way that exhibits and promotes those values and expectations.
- Individuals who are new to state service must have list eligibility in order to gain employment with any state agency. Click here to learn more about examinations administered by DGS and examinations available online.
Completed applications and all required documents must be received or postmarked by the Final Filing Date in order to be considered. Dates printed on Mobile Bar Codes, such as the Quick Response (QR) Codes available at the USPS, are not considered Postmark dates for the purpose of determining timely filing of an application.
Final Filing Date: 8/23/2021
Who May Apply
Applications will be screened and only the most qualified applicants will be selected to move forward in the selection process.Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications stated in the Classification Specification(s).
How To Apply
Address for Mailing Application Packages
You may submit your application and any applicable or required documents to:
Address for Drop-Off Application Packages
You may drop off your application and any applicable or required documents at:
Required Application Package Documents
The following items are required to be submitted with your application. Applicants who do not submit the required items timely may not be considered for this job:
- Current version of the State Examination/Employment Application STD Form 678 (when not applying electronically), or the Electronic State Employment Application through your Applicant Account at www.CalCareers.ca.gov. All Experience and Education relating to the Minimum Qualifications listed on the Classification Specification should be included to demonstrate how you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Resume is required and must be included.
- Statement of Qualifications – A Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) is required. Please address the following:
1. What relevant experience do you have that meets the desirable qualifications as advertised for this position?
2. Describe your experience with conducting research and recommending solutions to solve a problem.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview. The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview. Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting.
– Effectively communicate information to management, clients and the public both verbally and in writing
– Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs and electronic plan review programs
– Good customer service-oriented attitude
– Ability to act independently and to work and contribute effectively in a team environment with all personnel
– Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers
– Willingness to take direction from lead personnel
– Be dependable, reliable, adaptable and punctual
– Be flexible with working on different types of assignments
There are many benefits to joining our team! The State of California has a generous benefits package, some benefits include:
- Medical Benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Holidays and leave
- Defined benefit retirement program
- Savings Plus Program (401(k), 457)
- Commute Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Medical/Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
General State Employment Benefits and Protections
Click here to view more information about the outstanding benefits offered to State employees.
The Hiring Unit Contact is available to answer questions regarding the position or application process.
Please direct requests for Reasonable Accommodations to the interview scheduler at the time the interview is being scheduled. You may direct any additional questions regarding Reasonable Accommodations or Equal Employment Opportunity for this position(s) to the Department’s EEO Office.
EEO Main line
Oakland Regional Office
1515 Clay Street, Suite 1201
Oakland, CA 94612
Please specify RPA 20625-DSA and JC-259578 on your state application.