For more information and to apply, please see our careers page:
What you’ll do:
As a SERA Job Captain, you will leverage and hone the skills and knowledge to take a project from concept through construction. This mid-level position allows you to build on your past experience and begin focusing on roles and tasks that you’re particularly passionate about. Job Captains perform a multitude of functions, from designing particular aspects within a project to creating beautiful client-facing presentations, coordinating with consultants, and leading design documentation.
Why is this role important?
Job Captains are at the core of a collaborative team environment, coordinating and overseeing the work of junior staff, collaborating with Project Architects, Designers and Principals, and using an array of tools, media and communication methods. This position requires a high level of skill in Revit, fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite and an eagerness to solve gnarly problems at every scale.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Generally have 4 – 7 years of industry experience in an architect’s office.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office Suite required.
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of Enscape, Lumion, Bluebeam, Rhino, Formit, and/or Sketchup preferred.
- Ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
- Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
- Ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
- Established critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses or alternate solutions to a problem with some supervision.
- Develop professional judgment and decision making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Develop leadership skills that motivate and guide teams and projects to desired outcomes.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.