Website Siegel & Strain Architects
Award-winning architectural design firm – San Francisco Bay Area
SIEGEL & STRAIN ARCHITECTS has an opening for a Project Architect.
Siegel & Strain Architects is a vibrant, award-winning, women-owned, 26-person East Bay firm with a diverse range of projects. We are a design- and research-oriented practice with a national reputation for advancing sustainable design. We work with innovative sub-consultants and use forward-looking materials and systems. Our portfolio includes civic and educational projects, camps and retreat centers, schools, recreational buildings, custom homes and historic buildings. Our work can be viewed at www.siegelstrain.com. Current projects in design include:
- Several National Park Service projects including visitor centers and historic renovations.
- Lab, office, and maintenance support facilities for local utilities.
- A 41-unit net-zero housing project.
- Rehabilitation of former Coast Guard facilities to serve as affordable housing in West Marin.
- A major addition to a church in Berkeley.
- Civic, community, and overnight camp facilities for the City of Berkeley.
- Facilities in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park.
- Environmental education facilities at a nature preserve in Sonoma County.
- A youth camp in Southern California.
- New housing and dining hall at a meditation retreat center.
- We are wrapping-up construction of a new public library and renovation of a Boys & Girls Club rec center.
We typically work in collaborative teams of two or more people each with specific roles and responsibilities on individual projects. We are looking for a self-starting project architect to work on projects from pre-design through construction phase.
- Degree in architecture from an accredited architecture program
- 8-12 years of experience in architecture offices
- Strong design skills
- Ability to research, problem solve, and iterate design solutions
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, and Adobe Suite
- Strong organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience preparing construction documents and details, particularly for Type V construction
- Experience working with California building codes
- Experience in project management and consultant coordination
- Experience in construction administration is a plus
- Experience on community-serving projects is a plus
- LEED accreditation, green design experience is a plus
- Experience working on re-use or historic buildings is a plus
- Proficiency in rendering and parametric programs is a plus
- Proficiency in energy, daylighting or similar modeling/analysis is a plus
- Licensure or progress toward licensure
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include nine paid holidays, paid time off, FSA, health insurance, professional development allowance, testing reimbursement, transit reimbursement, and 401(k) plan.
How to Apply:
- Please e-mail cover letter, resume, references and work samples.
- Format: PDF format required. No compressed files please.
- Address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line: Project Architect
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE