Website Siegel & Strain Architects
A practice with a national reputation for sustainable design.
SIEGEL & STRAIN ARCHITECTS is a vibrant, award-winning, 21-person East Bay firm with a diverse range of projects. We are a design- and research-oriented practice with a national reputation for advancing sustainable design. We work with innovative sub-consultants and use forward-looking materials and systems. Our portfolio includes civic and educational projects, camps and retreat centers, schools, recreational buildings, custom homes and historic buildings. Our work can be viewed at www.siegelstrain.com. Current projects in design include:
• A new visitor center for Save the Redwoods League and National Park Service.
• Several National Park Service projects.
• A girl scout camp Innovation Center.
• Support facilities for a wastewater treatment plant.
• A youth camp in Southern California.
• Civic and community facilities for the City of Berkeley.
• Facilities in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park.
• Several community-serving projects under construction include a new library, a camp community center, a new family camp, and renovation of a Boys & Girls Club.
We typically work in collaborative teams of two or more people each with specific roles and responsibilities on individual projects. We are looking for a self-starting project architect to work on projects from pre-design through construction phase.
• Minimum B. Arch.; Master of Architecture preferred
• 3-7 years of experience in architecture offices
• Strong design skills
• Ability to research and problem solve
• Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch-up, Rhino and Adobe Suite
• Strong organizational, writing and interpersonal skills
• Experience preparing construction documents and details, particularly for Type V construction
• Experience working with California building codes
• Experience in project management and consultant coordination is a plus
• Experience in construction administration is a plus
• Experience on community-serving projects is a plus
• LEED accreditation, green design experience is a plus
• Experience working on historic buildings is a plus
• Proficiency in rendering and parametric programs is a plus
• Proficiency in energy, daylighting or similar modeling/analysis is a plus
• Licensure or progress toward licensure is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and retirement contributions.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, references and work samples.
Format: PDF format required. No compressed files please.
Address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Project Designer/Project Architect
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE