Website Starbucks Coffee Co
store design manager, Design- Northern California (Job Number:
Location US-CA-San Francisco-San Francisco Office
Is this role eligible for remote or hybrid work? Yes-Hybrid
Starbucks – Store Development and Design
Pay Range $119,100 – $186,200/annually
Bonus Eligible Yes
Application MUST BE submitted via this link. Please include resume and portfolio.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by producing outstanding store designs for the Northern California regional market that upholds the Starbucks Customer Experience meeting cost, schedule and operational requirements by working with a cross functional team. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Store Design and Brand
• Creates store designs for portfolio of stores in a given region or format type. Able to independently create and manage work from concept to detailed design stage in accordance with the US design studio strategy.
• Creates environments that are relevant to the customer and consistent with the brand. Responds to site features, local context, customer and community profile.
• Creates solutions for various real estate formats including but not limited to interior sites, free standing buildings, facades, existing store renovations and alternative store formats.
• Ensures solutions are aligned with project budgets, timelines and regional criteria.
• Responds and adapts to changing timelines and project demands while meeting design expectations and operational requirements.
• Demonstrates and shares in-depth knowledge of materials, lighting, acoustics, construction standards, detailing and best practice in architectural and interior design.
• Leads the production of schematic plans, design intent packages and construction drawings that clearly communicate the design direction to stakeholders, peers, cross-functional team and external consultants.
• Delivers high quality presentations to leaders, peers, and stakeholders. Shares design work regularly with a clear verbal narrative and effective visual presentation material.
• Supports studio leadership with work group goals and organizational capability; role models effective studio collaboration.
• Supports studio leadership in executing design strategy and aligning with key cross-functional stakeholders to meet brand expectations, including market/store tours as needed.
• Elevates studio design quality through effective mentoring and team engagement. Key influencer in collaborative design review with consistent, thoughtful and relevant feedback.
• Fosters studio design culture with relevant design inspiration and industry trend. Shares advancement in design thinking, professional practice, technology, etc.
• Develops and maintains relationships across business functions and diverse groups, encouraging collaboration to continuously improve organizational capability.
store design manager
Project Planning and Execution
• Assesses the scope of each project through review of surveys and real estate documents and manages the production and delivery of design documents.
• Supports leadership in delivering strategic and operational plans for the design team, managing execution and measuring results.
• Executes store designs in collaboration with cross-functional teams to optimize material and inventory levels, achieve fiscal goals and uphold corporate and global responsibilities.
• Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes.
• Works with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure that design processes, practices and programs are aligned with company business goals and objectives.
• Prepares, communicates and educates client groups and design team on changes in policies and practices within the organization.
• Sets schedules in partnership with store development team. Communicate dates to internal and external team and meets all established deadlines.
• Supports the implementation of company programs to ensure the success of the Company.
Partner Development and Team Building
• Challenges and inspires internal team and consultants to achieve business results.
• Ensure partners adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
• Mentors and supports team members for continued professional development.
• Provides coaching and resolve conflicts.
• Provides coaching, direction and leadership support in order to achieve partner, business and customer results.
We’d love to hear from people with:
Experience with CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software, InDesign, Enscape, Bluebeam and smartsheet.
Degree or diploma in the design discipline from a recognized educational institution.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in Architecture, Interior Design or related design field. Professional licensing, qualification and/or credentials in Architecture or Interior Design and a recognized sustainable program a plus.
Demonstrated direct experience creating interior and architectural design concepts for a range of project sizes and varying complexity levels. 8-10 years of experience in Interior and architectural design experience in retail, hospitality, or restaurant design, working with design agencies and/or development organizations.
Relevant experience leading design teams with decision-making authority and accountability, budgets and coordinating external consultants.
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.