At Studio KDA, we design for community. Our mission is to use architecture and interior design to bring people together, to create enduring places, to add value to our cities, and to enjoy the process of working together.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from multifamily housing to restaurants, hospitality, retail, and workplace. We are a mid-size 27-person firm that is known for engaging, thoughtful design, a high level of service to our clients and a collaborative work environment.
We have an immediate need for a self-motivated Interior Designer with strong interiors experience to assist in all phases of project development, from conceptual design through construction administration.
What you will do:
• Space planning for multiple project types (restaurant, residential, office)
• Create mood boards and developing interior concepts into a design presentation
• Select and source lighting, furnishings, hardware, materials, and finishes
• Develop specifications
• Employ knowledge of lighting design principles and casework design / construction
• Collaborate with Studio Directors / Project Managers and team members
• Carefully execute tasks and follow-through with minimal supervision
• Coordinate and communicate with clients, consultants, contractors and manufacturers
• Research and select finishes, fixtures and equipment
• Resolve building and materials assemblies and details; detail interior elements and casework
• Balance the demands of multiple projects at various stages of development.
We are looking for candidates with:
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
• 5+ years of experience working in an architectural or interior design position
• Proficiency with Revit, Sketchup, and Adobe CS required; AutoCAD and other rendering software proficiency is a plus
• Very strong organization and communication skills
• A portfolio demonstrating well-conceived design, strong graphic and presentation skills, and examples of construction documents. Hand sketching a plus.
• Positive and proactive attitude with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills
Our office is a casual, dynamic and collaborative environment. We designed and built the building we occupy, creating a space filled with natural light, generous workstations and outdoor terraces. In addition to an excellent studio environment, we ensure that employees have the tools they need (training, hardware, software, technical support, mentoring and continuing education) to enable inspired work.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. We are currently offering a flexible hybrid schedule. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k with matching and annual bonus opportunities.
As a collaborative and community-focused firm we provide the framework for social gathering through Friday celebrations, an annual River Trip, as well as field trips, outings and seminars.
To learn more about our projects, design philosophy and work environment please see our website at studiokda.com.
Please send letter of introduction, resume/CV, and portfolio to email@example.com