Swatt | Miers Architects (SMA is seeking a Project Architect with a minimum 5 year’s working experience to assist with the firm’s commercial, institutional and public building projects. Candidates need to possess a broad range of experience including construction detailing, general knowledge of commercial building systems, graphic presentation and communication skills. Additionally, candidates need to be able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently.
SMA offers a wide range of challenging building types, along with competitive salary and benefits including health, 401k and profit sharing.
– Experience in all phases of architecture including construction administration.
– Ability to lead a project both as project manager and job captain.
– Working knowledge of structural and MPE building systems
– Understanding of California Building Codes and ability to conduct a thorough building code analysis.
– Good verbal and written communication skills with clients, building officials and consultants
– Commitment to design excellence and attention to detail
– Architectural degree required (minimum)
– MUST be located in the Bay Area and hold a valid US passport, green card, or work visa (the firm is currently working within a hybrid model, splitting the week remotely and in the office)
– California architecture license preferred although not required
Architectural Software Capability
How to apply:
Please send cover letter, resume (CV), work examples demonstrating the above qualifications and a minimum 2 work related references to:
Swatt | Miers Architects
5845 Doyle St., Suite 104
Emeryville, CA 94608