Website Todd Jersey Architecture
30 Years of Sustainable Design
Todd Jersey Architecture (toddjerseyarchitecture.com) is seeking an intermediate level Architect with five or more years of experience in residential work to join its staff. Under supervision of the Design Principal, this position manages projects including producing architectural documents (in the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project) and meeting project deadlines while implementing the company’s architectural procedures, standards and quality expectations. This position will quickly generate design options as well as translate Principal’s vision into Revit models. The position is also responsible for researching municipal permit submittal requirements, preparing submittal documents and coordinating the work of consultants, keeping the Principal and Sr. Project Manager informed at all stages. This position will have day-to-day client and other project member management responsibilities. Success entails delivering projects against the agreed upon design intent and the three pillars of Todd Jersey Architecture projects – sustainability, cost-efficiency and beauty as well as the contract deliverables.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with Principal on design of projects;
- Manage the production, organization, coordination, thoroughness, and accuracy of all documents;
Communicate with and coordinate the efforts of project team members, clients, consultants, contractors and agency officials;
- Track project time versus budget and schedule, anticipate required staff resources and organize workflow;
- Create and/or work with the project team to produce presentation materials;
- Research and specify materials, products and systems;
- Attend job site meetings, issue supplemental instructions and RFI responses, process submittals and drawing reviews during Construction Administration;
- Coach and mentor Project Coordinators and Interns, share experiences and lessons learned to increase the studio’s common knowledge.
- Accredited masters degree in architecture;
- Minimum of five years related professional experience, preferably including design and detailing experience on residential projects
- Five years of construction document experience and technical knowledge of wood-frame construction;
- Demonstrated graphic skills and proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and Sketch-up;
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org – with PROJECT CAPTAIN APPLICATION in the subject line – your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Please include in your submittal, a description of your role on your projects that relate to the qualifications needed for this position. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.