Website Todd Jersey Architecture
30 Years of Sustainable Design
Todd Jersey Architecture (toddjerseyarchitecture.com) is seeking a junior level Architect with two or more years of experience in residential work to join its staff. Under supervision of the Design Principal, this position produces architectural documents (in the schematic, design development and construction document phases of a project), meeting project deadlines while implementing the company’s architectural procedures, standards and quality expectations. The position is also responsible for researching municipal permit submittal requirements, preparing submittal documents and coordinating the work of consultants, keeping the Principal and Sr. Project Manager informed at all stages. Dependent upon level of experience with client and consultant contact, this position will engage with clients and consultants as appropriate. Success entails delivering projects against the agreed upon design intent and the three pillars of Todd Jersey Architecture projects – sustainability, cost-efficiency and beauty as well as the contract deliverables.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develops concepts according to parameters defined by Design Principal;
- Produces construction documents in Revit, including plans, sections and details;
- Researches codes and materials;
- Researches pre-application, planning, building and other submittal requirements for all phases of the project and prepares the drawing set, applications and other elements in support of those requirements;
- Coordinates the work of consultants such as the structural engineer and Title 24 consultant;
- Maintains ongoing communication with the Design Principal to understand any project changes, design issues or time/budget constraints that may impact initial assignment;
- Assists the Design Principal and Sr. Project Manager with schedules and time estimates;
- Interacts and communicates effectively and professionally with other TJA team members;
- Assures execution of and assists with quality control activities for architectural elements on a project;
- Proactively keeps Design Principal and Sr. Project Manager informed of progress; uses past knowledge and experience to enhance the quality of the product; recognizes problem issues and communicates impact, seeking clarity when necessary.
- Accredited degree in architecture;
- Minimum of two years related professional experience, preferably including design and detailing experience on residential projects;
- Demonstrated graphic skills and proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, and Sketch-up;
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills.
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org – with PROJECT COORDINATOR APPLICATION in the subject line – your cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Please include in your submittal, a description of your role on your projects that relate to the qualifications needed for this position. We will acknowledge receipt of your information, but only candidates being considered for a position will be contacted. Please no hard copies, drop-ins or telephone calls.