Website VIA Architecture
Our cities are growing rapidly, and the ways we move through them are quickly evolving. VIA is committed to being at the forefront of these innovations. We provide meaningful place-based solutions to large-scale infrastructure, contributing to urban design, architecture and planning for a broad variety of public sector clients on the West Coast.
VIA is a strategic architectural and planning firm, highly networked across offices in Vancouver, Seattle, and San Francisco Bay Area regions. Our studios focus on designing, delivering and advising our clients on how to achieve the highest quality urban infrastructure – from the streets, bridges and transit systems that connect us, to the buildings and spaces between. Our systems-level sustainable design strategies and community-based design studio set us apart from traditional architectural practice.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Senior Transportation Architect based in our downtown Oakland CA office. This position would work on a variety of public projects, designing elements of civic infrastructure, including corridor planning, multi-modal stations, transit oriented development, as well as bridges and connections.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the transportation sector
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required
- Architectural registration required, registered in the state of California preferred
- Expertise in transit related systems including designing for passenger amenities, fare collection, shelters, vertical transportation
- Strong background in projects associated with pedestrians, rail, bus, and vehicular relationships
- Experience utilizing design/build project delivery and LEAN design practices preferred
- Expert in Type I building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Skilled at design and technical concepts and coming up with design alternatives and solutions
- Expertise in federal, local codes including green building, accessibility codes, life-safety codes, and building codes including IBC, CBC, NFPA, CalOSHA, LEED, and Envision
- Experience supporting federal, state, regional and local entitlement programs including NEPA and CEQA
- Lead the client and project teams to assure that the project meets design intent, program, budget, and schedule
- Direct, interact, and coordinate with other design disciplines to complete design tasks
- Develop technical and construction details
- Direct CADD/REVIT team to produce drawings/models
- Extensive experience with project software: Revit, Bluebeam, MS Project
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
- Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format (no more than 5MB please).
- Email with “Senior Transportation Architect” in subject-line.
- Send to: Corinne Magin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- No phone calls or office visits please.
VIA is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, disability, sex, sexual-orientation or gender-identity. At VIA we strive to make equity, diversity and inclusion an intentional and explicit part of our culture; and create a safe space for all staff to learn, grow, and succeed.
For more information about VIA Architecture, please visit our website at www.via-architecture.com.