Call for Entries is now open!
Join our movement to bring home the power of architecture and design!
In the spirit of Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, the AIA East Bay Chapter welcomes the design community to participate in a broader conversation about the places that we each call home.
This year, our unique take on the widely popular Home Tours explores the theme of “Shelter,” and invites residential submissions that exhibit vibrant, relevant, and innovative solutions for the housing needs, across all sectors of our society.
The AIA East Bay Chapter aims to promote the design excellence of living environments by featuring selected entries that have compelling stories to share. We want to learn how your team developed the design, adapted the technology, and observed the impact of the building upon the community being served. We invite submissions about: Tiny homes, Single Family Homes, Multi-Unit Buildings, Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU), Live-Work Spaces, Intentional Communities, Affordable Housing, Co-Living Spaces, or Houses for the Unsheltered & more.
During the month of August, the AIA East Bay chapter will host several public events which focus’ specifically on housing.
For Home Tours | Shelter ten projects selected by the Home Tours committee will be featured at two separate virtual events, open to the public and presented by their design authors.
- August 14: Home Tours I | Shelter
- August 21: Home Tours II |Shelter
This year’s Home Tours will be ONLINE only.
Home Tours | Shelter will be supported by event marketing, PR, media outreach and a social media campaign. Selected projects will be noted in the Calendar Listing and Press Release will be distributed to architecture, design and lifestyle editors.
We look forward to being inspired by your brilliance!
For information on the submission process, including eligibility requirements, please download the application packet here.
To learn about eligibility requirements, and to submit a project for consideration, please click here.
To receive Home Tours news, including program updates and early bird ticket sales, sign up here.
SUPPORT OUR STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Levels are:
- Firm Logo on special section of Home Tours Homepage – small color logo
- Firm logo on slide of scholarship supporters in opening of all three events – small color logo
- Firm logo on 2 email blast thanking sponsors and supporters – 1 pre-event, 1 post-event – small color logo
- Firm Logo on special section of Home Tours Homepage – large color logo
- Firm logon on slide of scholarship supporters in opening of all three events – large color logo
- Firm logo on 2 email blast thanking sponsors and supporters – 1 pre-event, 1 post-event – larger color logo
Call for Entries for Home Tours| Shelter is open through June 10th, 2021.
- Ursula Currie – Chair
- Kerstin Hellmann
- Ben Levi
- Winston Win
- Alex Vondeling
- Karl Johnson
- Call for Submissions: Thursday, April 22 2021
- Application deadline: Thursday, June 10 2021, 5:00pm
- Architects of selected homes will be notified the week of June 24th and announced publicly the week of July 1st.
- Ticket Sales to all Home Tours events open July 1st.
- Two Mandatory Architect Meetings: July 12 at 5:00pm and August 2 at 5:00pm
- Virtual Home Tours available for public viewing: August 14th, & August 21st