Website Brick Architecture & Interiors
brick. friendly, unconventional, can-do architects.
a full-service architecture and interiors firm based in oakland, brick. is known for solving tricky design puzzles on complex urban infill sites and in learning environments to create more value for our clients and expand what’s possible in the built environment. our diverse portfolio includes mixed-use commercial office, higher education, and multifamily residential. brick-inc.com
brick is looking for a project architect/senior project architect. candidate should be a versatile team leader, a creative thinker, with complex organizational skills, excellence in technical, code and sustainable design practices and strong design skills. experience with projects from concept through design detailing, final documentation and construction administration is required. leadership in 3D and BIM modeling (Revit/SketchUp)/coordination is required.
· primary author of technical documents for highly complex projects
· lead technical coordination of project drawings and documents with all internal team members and design sub-consultants
· regularly collaborate to ensure design goals are properly addressed in the technical development of the documents
· demonstrate an ability to work on multiple complex projects while meeting schedule constraints
· take an active role in fostering a culture of precision and excellence in the work of project teams
· mentor internal staff
· build trust with clients
· participate in firm-wide initiatives to develop and enhance technical and design standards
· bachelor’s degree in architecture (master’s degree preferred)
· 7+ years of experience in an architecture office (internships not counted)
· architect’s license in the State of California required
· proven excellence in technical detailing, coordination, design, and presentation skills
· excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
· excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· experience in preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and specifications
· strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills
· excellent in Revit, AutoCAD and other 3D modeling software (SketchUp/Rhino/3D Max)
· fluency with Adobe Creative Suite
· proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
· proven ability to coordinate and direct an in-house team
position is full-time with benefits.
· flexible paid time off
· 401(k) with safe harbor contribution
· full medical, dental, & vision
· life & disability
· continuing education & professional development
· flexible work environment
thrives on great ideas and initiative. we work with smart, talented, energetic people dedicated to happy clients, great design, a collaborative studio environment, and a healthy planet. we also use the latest design technology, demand technical rigor, and cultivate responsiveness and flexibility for projects and partnerships that last. we like coffee. and bikes.
please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Include the phrase “project architect/senior project architect position” in the re line.