Website Bull Stockwell Allen
Designing exceptional environments for life.
In many of the most beautiful natural environments, Bull Stockwell Allen has mastered our signature site-specific architectural style by conceiving environmentally thoughtful architecture as part of our overall design process. Inspired by our spectacular project locales, we design meaningful environments to facilitate outdoor adventure with a deep understanding of the mountain lifestyle. Bull Stockwell Allen is an award-winning architecture firm with nationally acclaimed expertise in the mountain resort, hospitality and recreation project field.
Our people are the key to our success. We are a collaborative office environment who understand the best design solutions come from a diversity of viewpoints and expertise. We are committed to producing top notch work, while understanding that our designs are most successful when balanced with a rich and fulfilling personal life.
The position of Intermediate Interior Designer contributes to our success by assisting in the design and production of all phases of design and assistance in the project management for our hospitality projects. You will be expected to support in the creation of a visual presentation of the concepts developed by the Senior Hospitality Designer and communicate the objectives of this design through various means of visual representation.
You will also be expected to assist the Senior Designer in the management of all project-related tasks, client meetings and contractor coordination working directly with the Senior Hospitality Designer and Job Captain, collaborating with fellow studio members, clients and consultants. This position may require travel.
- Under the direction of the Senior Designer, the Intermediate Designer is responsible for the development and realization of the project by assisting the Senior Designer to ensure deliverables are submitted per the project contractual agreement.
- Primary team member responsible for documentation packages and will coordinate the preparation of all design documents including:
- Design Decks: any means required to communicate the design concept including mood boards, renderings including 2D and 3D drawing views, FF&E selections
- Contract Documents: construction drawing documents and specifications including finishes, FF&E, hardware & plumbing selections, custom specifications drawings
- Archiving: Finish boards and/or boxes, FF&E binders
- Present design progress and contract documents internally to Senior Designer and Interior Design Director
- As directed by Senior Designer:Perform construction administration services including site visits, processing submittal & RFI documentation, first pass review of control samples and shop drawings, coordinating with consultants and manufacturers
- Represent and manage design coordination between consultants o Lead the development and design of project venues
- Primary team member responsible for project filing and folder organization
- Mentor Junior Designers and Interns
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Architecture or Interior Design degree, accredited 4 year program at a minimum
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in hospitality design or accomplished skill level
- Comprehensive conceptual design experience and managing the implementation of a design concept in a team environment through completion that is on schedule and budget
- Comprehensive knowledge of hospitality design standards with a proficient understanding of hospitality operations
- Proven organizational abilities and attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects across various phases
- Comprehensive experience in management and coordination of construction drawing sets with knowledge of commercial construction detailing, materials, methods, and codes: fire safety codes, ADA codes, and applicable codes for textiles, furnishings, and finishes
- Comprehensive experience in management and coordination of FF&E specification deliverables/implementation through available vendors and fabricators
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, SPEXX or Spec Sources, Sketch Up, and MS Office and other industry standard programs
- Collaborative, self-motivated, positive, and flexible with strong verbal and written communication and must be comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff
- Strong interest in continuing education and studio development & growth.
JOIN OUR TEAM
This position is full time, and with full Healthcare, Vision & Dental Coverage, 401(k), Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Benefits, Hybrid Work Schedule, and generous PTO including paid holidays. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested, please submit your CV and portfolio of your work to email@example.com with Intermediate Interior Designer in your subject heading.