Website William Duff Architects (WDA)
William Duff Architects (WDA) is looking for a Designer with 1-3 years of experience to join our firm. We are an award-winning, inclusive architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Built as a people-based practice, we were recognized as the only architecture firm to make it on the San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work List (2020). With capabilities in multiple sectors, we specialize in residential, workplace, hospitality and retail across the Bay Area and beyond. We offer competitive salaries, full benefits, a transit-friendly brand-new workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
WDA is passionate about serving our clients through the creation of innovating, sustainable architecture delivered through excellent project management.
- Communication – We believe sharing ideas in a respectful, collaborative environment is essential to success.
- Creativity – We overcome challenges through unique and innovative solutions.
- Transparency – We conduct our work with openness, honesty and integrity.
- Excellence – We strive for excellence in all facets of our work.
- Growth – We promote the continuous improvement of our firm, projects, processes and people.
- Competitive salaries based on experience
- 100% employer sponsored health, dental, vision & life insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Profit Sharing (401K)
- Combined PTO
- 9 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
- Annual stipend for professional development
- Mentorship program
- Architectural licensure support – AXP & ARE
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Quarterly office outings
- Summer hours
- Weekly happy hours
- In-house bicycle parking and shower
- Commuter benefits
- Retail discount program
Qualifications and Skills:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience working in an architecture office.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Critical and creative thinker with strong design ability and attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in Revit, with experience in producing visualizations preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and Bluebeam.
- Strong writing, editing, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the architectural/engineering industry.
- Receptive to coaching, with the ability to learn from constructive feedback and apply it to future work.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Architecture from a four-year college, university or equivalent; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Documenting experience under the NCARB Architectural Experience Program (AXP) and actively pursuing
licensure required. Licensure, LEED AP and additional certifications encouraged.
- Perform document production by developing design and technical drawings, and researching relevant information. Conduct code and product research.
- Prepare design illustrations or rough sketches and presentation graphics, and create digital models.
- Assist in maintaining well-organized project digital and physical files.
- Work with senior staff to evaluate individual project needs and coordinate with consultants.
- Source material/project samples, obtain cost estimates from outside vendors and develop strong vendor relationships.
- Take notes and prepare meeting minutes.
- Participate in in-person meetings or work and attend site visits based on project needs.
- We are currently working remote but plan to return to the office once it is safe to do.
Please submit the following in PDF form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why you could be a good fit at WDA, and a bit about your personal design inspirations and aspirations
- Relevant work samples
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). Candidates must be eligible to work full time in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.