Website dsk architects
OPEN POSITION: SENIOR JOB CAPTAIN FOR THE COMMERCIAL INTERIORS DIVISION IN THE PLEASANTON OFFICE (MOVING TO OAKLAND CA 2024)
dsk architects was established in 2006 with a focus on education and healthcare. In 2020, we also added commercial interiors to our services. With 32 staff members, including 12 licensed architects, shared among our San Francisco, Los Angeles, Pleasanton, and San Luis Obispo ofﬁces, dsk architects offers the camaraderie of a small studio with the beneﬁts and resources of an established mid-size ﬁrm.
We’re looking for friendly, ambitious, sharp-minded team members ready to grow professionally and share their knowledge and experience. As a member of the dsk team, you will interact with clients, conduct site visits, grow new skill sets (or polish existing ones), and see your work realized in construction – all with the support and guidance from our seasoned staff.
dsk is committed to providing a great work environment and good work-life balance including a hybrid work schedule. Our ofﬁce is bright with ergonomic electric sit/stand desks and 40” 4K monitors for optimal drawing viewing. In addition to 15 PTO days + 7 Holidays a year, our compressed work schedule affords 12 extra days off a year, allowing for more 3- and 4- day weekends without even touching your PTO.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Architecture degree preferred.
• 4+ years in ofﬁce experience post college
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience developing quality Design Development & Construction Documents for commercial interiors.
• Knowledge of building codes, other building regulations, accessibility, and experience with regulatory agencies
• Experience with consultant coordination and in-house staff mentorship/oversight
• Experience with building systems, including use of both standard details and custom detailing.
• Savvy software skills, (Autodesk, Ofﬁce, Adobe)
○ Professional AutoCAD experience required.
○ Professional Revit experience preferred but not required.
We are seeking an individual to help produce projects predominantly in our commercial interiors division. dsk is lucky to have a steady staff, and we prefer to keep team members on projects from start-to-ﬁnish for consistency. The Sr. Job Captain will help produce quality design development & contract documents and assist the Project Manager/Architect to get us to the ﬁnish line within budget and on schedule.
IF YOU WISH TO APPLY, PLEASE EMAIL* THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
1. PDF resume of relevant work and education experience.
2. Email/pdf copy of your cover letter addressing your current professional level, level you are applying for, and why you want to join dsk.
3. PDF sample construction documents.
4. Optional: PDF or weblink to your portfolio.
* Keep the total email size under 10 MB.
To see our work, check out our website at www.dskarch.com
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
• We will not be able to sponsor work-related visas.
• No phone calls please. We will conﬁrm that we’ve received your application, and let you know whether you’ve been selected for the interview.