Welcome to Koch Architects! We are an architecture and design firm that is committed to delivering both an exceptional experience and a beautifully designed project to our clients. We focus on modern, residential projects throughout California and the West.
We’re a well-established, award-winning firm that works in an open, collaborative environment that encourages inventive ideas and creative solutions. The nature of the office is casual in feel, however the work is rigorous in quality and detail.
We are looking for a talented visual thinker with a passion for design. Candidates must have a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in an architectural office, 1- 2 years of residential experience is desirable. Candidates will be engaged in all phases of the projects from schematic design through construction administration.
• Ability to develop complete sets of construction documents, including detailing building components, interior casework, and finishes.
• Provide coordination with consultants & contractors
• Construction Administration Experience with Type-V
• Excellent graphic, written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of CBC (California Building Code)
• Thorough knowledge of AutoCAD 2010-13 and 3D modeling (Sketch up)
• Candidates should have a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently, with a team, and directly with the principal in a small (5 person) office environment
• Reliable transportation for driving to/from project sites
Applicants must have a BArch or MArch from an accredited U.S. architecture school, current residency in the SF Bay Area and be available in the next 3 – 4 weeks.
Compensation includes a base salary and full benefits package.
Please email a single PDF file containing a cover letter, resume, and portfolio demonstrating design skills and construction drawings to email@example.com, Max. size of 7MG. No phone calls, please. We will respond directly to qualified candidates. Thank you.