Website William Duff Architects
William Duff Architects (WDA) is looking for a Marketing & Communications Team Member with 5-7+ years of experience preferably within the A/E/C community. This a temporary marketing management position that would run through April of 2022 with the option for extension of part-time into August. You’d be part of a friendly, creative team led by the firm’s Director of Business Development (BD) & Marketing and includes a Marketing & Business Development coordinator and outside PR agency.
We are a growing firm (SF Business Times Fastest Growing Companies – 2 years running) so this position does come with a possibility of continued work after August. This is a firm that understands the value of the Marketing and Business Development team and our efforts receive support and recognition firm wide.
WDA is an award-winning, inclusive architecture firm, comprised of bright, creative, motivated people. Built as a people-based practice, we were recognized as the only architecture firm to make it on the San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work List (2020). With capabilities in multiple sectors, we specialize in residential, workplace, hospitality and retail across the Bay Area and beyond. We offer competitive salaries, core benefits, wellness and dining perks, a transit-friendly brand-new workplace, and opportunities for professional growth.
About the position (major responsibilities):
- Assist the Director of BD & Marketing in managing the firm’s website and brand refresh project
- Working with the PR agency, direct and manage firm award submissions and required exhibits
- Ideation, implementation and execution of PR related events (SF Design Week, Sponsorships etc.) and related collateral with Marketing/BD Coordinator
- Cultivate and maintain the firm’s mailing lists and develop quarterly newsletter based on existing templates
- Manage, prepare and assist in the development of firm collateral (qualification packages, presentations and other supporting materials) ensuring all materials are effectively communicating our brand and strategic plan
- Collaborate with technical staff to collect project data and descriptions for thought leadership, collateral and CRM (Cosential/Unanet) database.
- Participate in and the coordination of project photoshoots with Marketing/BD Coordinator
- Participate in the formation and development of the Social Media content as part of our 2022 Marketing Plan
- Develop and help produce written posts and thought leadership articles for WDA blog
- Support Director of BD & Marketing with preparation of responses to RFPs and RFQs
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5-7+ years of relevant marketing management experience working in the A/E/C community.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and individually
- Outstanding written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan ahead, manage competing projects, priorities and deadlines.
- Well organized, attentive to details and a commitment to producing brand building high quality work
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite with a high level of competency in InDesign, SharePoint, Miro and other communications-related software programs
- Knowledge of CRM software Cosential a plus
- Receptive to coaching, with the ability to learn from constructive feedback and apply it to future work.
- Bachelors degree in Liberal Arts, Journalism, English, Marketing, Planning or related field.
WDA Mission Statement:
WDA is passionate about serving our clients through the creation of innovating, sustainable architecture delivered through excellent project management.
WDA Core Values:
- Communication – We believe sharing ideas in a respectful, collaborative environment is essential to success.
- Creativity – We overcome challenges through unique and innovative solutions.
- Transparency – We conduct our work with openness, honesty and integrity.
- Excellence – We strive for excellence in all facets of our work.
- Growth – We promote the continuous improvement of our firm, projects, processes and people.
- Competitive salaries based on experience
- Standard 7 Holidays & 1 employee choice holiday (due to her/him/they being a temporary full time employee)
- Medical, vision, dental, short time
- Long term disability insurance
- Aetna Life insurance
- Access to FSA and HSA accounts
- 401k (6 mo. eligibility)
- ADP retail discount program
- Ergonomic sit-stand workstations
- Quarterly office outings
- Summer hours
- Weekly happy hours
- In-house bicycle parking and shower
- Commuter benefits
- Retail discount program
- Weekly wellness & dining perks
We are currently working remote but plan to return to the office on a regular Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday with remote optional Monday and Fridays schedule starting February 28, 2022.
How to apply:
Please submit the following in PDF form by email to email@example.com (not to exceed 4MB), and include the job title in the subject line:
- A cover letter articulating why this position interests you and a bit about your personal inspirations and aspirations as it relates to this role
- How you heard about WDA
No drop-in visits or phone calls, please. WDA is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). Candidates must be eligible to work full time in the United States. Immigration or work visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Protect our team, protect our community: WDA requires our team members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are hired, vaccination verification documents will be required to complete the hiring process successfully.
LinkedIn Page: william-duff-architects-inc-
Instagram Page: wdarch_inc
Facebook Page: williamduffarchitects