Join Ratcliff to discover what is important, imagine the potential and design for extraordinary outcomes.
We are looking for talented staff that possess open minded thinking, a disciplined approach to work and motivation to transform the built environment. Attributes include:
Strong design sense
Deep intelligence and curiosity
Strong work ethic
Ratcliff possesses a vibrant vision, a drive for innovation and a commitment to sustainable design. With a legacy in the San Francisco Bay Area since 1906, the firm is a living, evolving architecture firm, dedicated to learning what is important to our clients, our community and our planet. This results in the design of extraordinary outcomes.
Ratcliff’s staff of 65+ engage clients who share our values and serve as strategic partners in designing sustainable building solutions. Our primary practice areas of academic, healthcare and civic architecture present significant opportunities for a sustainable architecture that is driven not only by place based questions of purpose, design and technology, but by deeper issues of our enhanced contribution to society.
This is a position for a design focused team player to develop and present clear and concise building design concepts for academic and healthcare projects. The ideal candidate would bring exceptional graphic and oral presentation skills, be well organized, and have strong follow through.
- Minimum 10 years professional experience in design and production of medium-sized projects is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is required.
- Professional registration, LEED accreditation or significant progress towards.
Working knowledge of California Building Codes and ADA with an understanding of how code affects design.
- Strong presentation skills and exceptional graphic abilities using Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Blubeam Adobe Creative Suite and all Microsoft programs. Rhino, Grasshopper and 3D Max a plus.
- Experience integrating interior and exterior design for healthcare and academic facilities.
- Candidates must have legal working status in the U.S. as Ratcliff will not be sponsoring work visas at this time.
Ratcliff, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is conveniently located in Emeryville, between Berkeley and Oakland, just across the Bay Bridge from San Francisco. We provide a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, submit resume with cover letter addressed to email@example.com No phone calls or drop-ins, please. All responses will be held in confidence.