AIA San Mateo County 2020 Design Awards Deadline
The AIA San Mateo County Design Awards recognizes the outstanding achievements in architecture and design. Submission is open to both AIA members and non members. Jury decisions will be based solely on the materials submitted.
- Registration Deadline: Friday, August 28th, 2020
- Submission Due Date: Thursday, September 10th, 2020
- Design Awards Virtual Ceremony: Thursday, November 12th, 2020
- All Licensed Architects / Firms practicing within the United States are eligible to submit projects located within San Mateo County.
- All Licensed Architects / Firms practicing or residing in San Mateo County are eligible to submit projects regardless of the project location.
- If a firm has multiple offices, the chapter area office is eligible to submit projects regardless of the project location. The non-chapter area offices are eligible to submit projects located in San Mateo County only.
- Open to both AIA San Mateo County members and non-members.
- Projects must credit every substantial contributor.
BEFORE you submit your project, download the Powerpoint template below and concealed information form:
- AIA SMC Architects: $250 per entry
- Non-Chapter Architects: $375 per entry
- Emerging Professional Award: $150 per entry
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- ARCHITECTURE AWARD
The Architecture Award celebrates outstanding achievements in architecture regardless of budget, size, or style. Project types include but are not limited to commercial, civic, institutional, educational, healthcare, laboratory, hospitality, mixed-use, multi-family residential, new construction, and/or renovation / reuse / preservation
- RESIDENTIAL ARCHITECTURE AWARD
The Residential Award celebrates homes that illustrate excellence in design and demonstrate a refined sensibility. Entries must be single family residence, including but are not limited to new or remodel / addition, custom, prefab / modular home.
- INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE AWARD
The Interior Award celebrates innovative and spectacular interior spaces that fulfills the true potential of a space and enhance our living experience. Project types included but are not limited to new construction, renovations, restorations, and preservation.
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
The People’s Choice Award celebrates design excellence and aims to educate and inspire the public by showcasing architecture projects either located in San Mateo County or designed by firms residing in San Mateo County. All submissions for 2020 Design Awards will be automatically eligible for People’s Choice Award. The public will vote on the projects and the project with the highest number of votes will be declared the winner.
- PRO-BONO PROJECT AWARD
The Pro-Bono Project Award celebrates design excellence and distinguished service for projects in which licensed architect(s) received no or reduced financial compensation.
- EMERGING PROFESSIONAL
The Emerging Professional Award is intended to recognize a new professional who has expanded the role of the architect through civic participation, professional mentorship, and social service; thereby representing the profession to a larger audience. Any architect licenced for 10 years or less or AIA associate member on the path to licensure is eligible for this award.
Projects must have been completed since January 1, 2013. At the juror’s discretion, each award will honor multiple projects, featuring Citation, Merit, and Honor Award winners. Submissions will be judged on quality of design, resolution of the project or idea, energy and sustainability, innovation, equity, and social responsibility. Jury decisions will be based solely on the materials submitted. It is therefore important that submissions convey to the jury a full understanding of the project.
The AIA San Mateo Design Awards reserves the right to move entries to other categories if is clearly appropriate to do so.
Upon registration, the entrants shall receive an email with registration number from AIA SMC for each entry.
Jury shall review projects based on digital graphics on a screen. Chapter staff shall ensure that projects remain anonymous, receive equal time, and are presented in a similar format.
All Entry Submissions shall consist of two (2) parts:
- Digital Graphics Presentation:
Download formatted PowerPoint from AIA SMC website. It must be completed by the applicant and accompany each entry submittal.
The digital images should thoroughly describe the project with interior and exterior photographs, floor plans, elevations, and context images. The Firm name or Architect shall not appear on any submittal graphics.
Presentation files shall be in the PDF format and should be less than 35 MB to accommodate email transfer and viewing.
- Digital Concealed Information Form:
A digital “Concealed Information Form” will be provided on the AIASMC website. It must be completed by the applicant and accompany each entry submittal. This will not be shown to the Judges. This information is needed for our records and to properly recognize award winners. Note that the entrant must sign this form.
Questions & Comments
Do not hesitate to email AIA SMC with any questions you might have. Good luck!
Contact Jackie Tanner, Executive Director <email@example.com> or call 650.348.5133
- UC Berkeley Presents – Environmental Design (CED) Career Fair
- Mar 04 2021
- 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm