Finish Failures (4 LU | HSW)
The Symposium is a great opportunity for construction industry professionals to gain a thorough understanding of real life examples of construction failures, the lessons learned, and how to ensure your own projects avoid them
The Symposium will take place over two days of morning sessions, with the option to attend both days, or to choose a single day to attend, all from the comfort of your own home via our virtual platform. Attendees can earn 4 LU / 4 HSW AIA Continuing Education credits by attending both days.
- Participants will be educated on failures of paints and coatings by Panel Discussion with industry representatives, and how to meet local health requirements for protection of applicators and the public
- Participants will note tile and stone failures in exterior walls by failing installation methods creating safety hazards; new standards by the Tile & Stone Council of Northern CA.
- Attendees will learn why stucco and EIF Systems fail, and possible solutions by expansion joints and installation procedures; coatings vs integral color.
- Attendees will observe decay in exterior elevated elements such as balconies, which commonly indicates structural damage, and note resulting changes in local Building Codes for public safety.
- Let’s Clear the Air: Ventilation, High Performance, and Passive House
- Mar 10 2021
- 11:00 am - 2:30 pm